In today’s world, you will find countless beverages bustling in cafes, restaurants, and other eateries, but one beverage that remains overlooked is white tea [ Té Blanco ]. White tea is a delicate yet flavorful brew made from young Camellia sinensis leaves and has been cherished for centuries all over the world thanks to the myriad of benefits it provides internally and externally.
From keeping the cells and body healthy to preventing the development of cancerous cells and keeping your oral health in check -there’s nothing white tea can’t do! The Chinese have been sure to include white tea in their daily routine because they know how well they can benefit from even a single cup of this magical brew.
What we know about White Tea
White tea [ Té Blanco ] is quite popular in China due to its myriad of health benefits – from antiaging to cardiovascular health. White tea is a magical elixir that should be a part of your daily routine.
If you don’t believe us, take a look at some of the benefits of white tea and why you should incorporate it into your everyday routine.
- The brewing process : unlike other teas such as black and green tea, white tea’s brewing process is very minimal. Only young leaves are plucked and dried to prevent oxidation, which gives green and black tea their bitter taste. Using this processing technique allows white tea to exude its delicate, simple, yet flavorful notes and ensures the antioxidant content remains intact. As a result, it is a healthier alternative to other teas.
- Antioxidant content : like other forms of tea, white tea is also brimming with antioxidants, flavonoids, and catechins, which are essential when it comes to fighting free radicals in the body. Antioxidants not only keep your skin plump, young, and glowing, but they also prevent chronic diseases that may occur from pollution, stress, smoking, or cell damage. Therefore, if you consume white tea daily, you can protect your body, cells and promote your health in its entirety.
- It can prevent cancer : According to a research paper published in the National Library of Medicine, white tea has anticancer properties, meaning it can reduce or prevent the onset of cancer. White tea is high in antioxidants, a compound necessary to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and, as a result, halt the development of cancer. Although there needs to be more research on the topic, the advantages of white tea outweigh the negatives, which are close to none.
- It keeps your heart healthy : Who doesn’t want to promote their heart health? With white tea, you can reduce your blood pressure and even keep your cholesterol level in check. Even if you merely want to enhance the functions of your blood vessels, you can drink a cup a day to enhance your cardiovascular functions and health.
- Immunity booster : everyone yearns for a healthy immune system, especially in this day and age where our lifestyles and stress are the main factors affecting our health. To put it simply, white tea is a great defense mechanism against most infections and diseases due to the polyphenols present in it. Polyphenols are essential for strengthening the immune system and should therefore be consumed daily to keep it in check.
- It controls your weight : If you’ve put on some weight or wish to maintain your current body weight, the best way forward would be with white tea due to its low calories and small amount of caffeine, which boosts your metabolism slightly. The best way to reap the benefits of white tea is obviously with a healthy diet and exercise, and with the help of this special brew, you can attain or maintain your ideal weight.
- Did someone say healthy teeth?: We know how crucial it is to maintain oral health, and while there are several treatments and steps to do so, white tea can also aid good oral health. How? Well, studies suggest that the fluoride present in white tea protects your teeth from cavities and delays or prevents tooth decay. Moreover, it contains antibacterial properties that prevent the growth of bacteria in your mouth, thus contributing to better gums and oral breath.
- It has calming properties : If you’re constantly on the go and stressed out, you can take a moment to enjoy a nice brew of white tea, as it is incredibly soothing. The mild flavors laced in the tea, along with its aroma, can help calm the body, which results in a lower stress level.
While many people prefer green tea, black tea, or other forms of tea, white tea is a brew you should include in your daily routine because of the plethora of health benefits it offers. There’s something so soothing and elegant about white tea, as it offers an experience that supports well-being internally and externally. From its potent antioxidants to its potential cancer-fighting properties and its contribution to heart health and immunity, white tea has earned its place as a wholesome addition to a balanced lifestyle.
The next time you are looking for a beverage to savor, why not try white tea? Its unpretentious allure and health benefits can do you more good than other forms of beverages. You can check out our store to explore timeless classics in various sizes. Cheers to good health!